Saturday, July 20, 2013

Plight of a Modern Child

Awake! Awake! Some vociferous knock I hear at door ajar,
I loathe the manner less junk that sizzle my heavenly dream,
Rubbing my half-opened eyes, gazing through window panes,
Lo! I spot many tentacle examinations erect at threshold.

Alas! I’m trapped and do not foresee escape,
My feeble strength cannot command it halt,
Nor do I have courage to rendezvous it,
Where can I discover safe refuge to keep my head from shame?

My ostentatious friends with their cajoled tricks,
Consumed major chunk of my glorious period,
I hid in oblivion ingesting medicine they extended laughing,
Decades of time I presumed one day in jocund company of poison.

My parents reminded, ‘Son, thy friends have delectable tongue,
That might twist your life and pound hell of it’,
Should not I shunned its merit laden,
I might have rejoiced heavenly bliss than this tattered state.

My altruistic teachers caught me in fool’s paradise numerous count,
Counseled and pardoned me with sympathy all through,
I assumed this gesture fake and out of helplessness,
Oh! How ingrate creature I’m of such noble teachers?


It was I who treaded backward the direction my parents shown,
It was I who counted valuable lessons my teachers taught wrong,
Who is blameworthy for my nonconformist acts in this disciplined society?
What redemption could I have after I lied on my seemingly comfy pillow for long?

I’m not flabbergasted at total regret that bound my gloom murky world,
What sturdy heart have I that obstructed penetration of my parents’ golden advice?
 And my all knowing teachers’ authenticated matchless words?
I ostracized self and left contact far behind with blissful human society.

Can I without payback come out from animalism to humanism free of guilt?
Whom can I, if possible recline to and with what ploy for my revivification?    




 

  

      

No comments:

Post a Comment