Saturday, August 30, 2014

Praise for Toppers of 2014



Toppers, in any sense, would have exerted little more effort, sacrificed little more comfort and thought little more than other students. They would have thought about making themselves reach comfortable positions, thought about caring their aged parents and dreamt of serving our nation even by becoming a martyr. All these extraordinary qualities make our toppers highly deserving of handshakes, praises, recognitions, and celebrations.

Without the khaddar or garland of laurels over the neck of my toppers, in the most humble ways, we celebrated the accomplishments of our toppers on 26th July 2014. Parents were invited; position holders were praised and urged them to continuously strive for excellence. Parents of the toppers, if present were offered the honour to award their child a prize arranged by school for the first time this year. Award ceremony was followed by "High Tea" session. 

Many toppers this time have scored 90s and 80s. Surprising as well as encouraging thing for me, as principal, is to hear from some toppers that they would come back next year to claim the cash prize of Nu 20,000/- announced by school, if anybody among us wins whole Bhutan topper. I still throw them a gauntlet as a challenge, 'let me see'.  

I make these posts not to simply tell others what ordinary things I am doing in my school but to incite or provoke a sense of competitions in other schools. I feel, as autonomous schools, we have got a challenge to rise above others. I am skeptic whether my school can prove better than others or in any way better than our own performance of the past, but it would fill me with regret if I do not try out different means to gain different results.      

No comments:

Post a Comment