Sunday, August 18, 2013

What I Value (Contd.)

My Parents – I believe none would ask me why I value my parents. I have no answers. It comes to me magically, as if someone has cast spell over me to value my parents. Needless to mention, they are the source of my being. Since birth, they fed me to make me healthy. They guarded me from falling into hearth where I would have become totally disfigured, plunging into water pool from where I am uncertain whether I would have floated normal with normal breath, falling off the cliff from where my soul would have wandered without body, and from falling into the hands and tricks of miser like Shylock resulting in forfeiture of eyes that enables me to see the sufferings of the poor. All that meant physical or emotional death. In person, it is better to have physical and emotional aliveness and activeness. Death of one part means imbalance in the behavior and outlook of a person. Perfection in such person, in any field, even if any, may be accidental. What I am now, whether deficient in height, in physique, or any perfection, is the love of my parents.   
When I witness young mothers changing diapers, experiencing hard times singing lullaby attempting to put child with irregular sleeping habit to sleep, passing day with dried lips like dried plums when their much loved child falls sick, and remaining speechless when their only child accidentally hits some object that causes bruises, I remember my mother. I get her and father’s picture of caring me and sacrificing everything for me. I weep silently. I remember my parents’ devotion. Will I be that devoted? I know, even if I let them rest without work giving full protection from heat, rain and cold, feed them continuously, and carry them on our back the remaining days of their lives, returning their love in wholeness is impossible. But, will I be able to return half the sacrifice they made for me? They are God in the form of human being; they are visible God, my God.   
My Teachers – My parents contributed my physical structure. I am well-built. But my teacher fortified my inner structure, inner and moral character. I see these to be very important because physical strength without moral character sometimes rise up as enemy to world or self. People with physical strength but without moral strength are proven detrimental to self and family. They grow up, like snake from harmless when young to deadly venomous, in adult stage. I deliberately decline to substantiate my statements with examples as examples can be varied, occurred or occurring in our country as well as other countries.
My teachers have shown me the windows in books through which I can see the whole world within a fraction of second. It is my teachers, male as well female, national as well as expatriate; who taught me to tread cautiously for every step we make forward, probability to fall in the pit is high. Whatever we see may not be genuine; we have to see through it. This is what my teachers taught. They gave me strength. They encouraged me to appreciate beauty. The power to differentiate between real and illusion is infused in me by my teachers. They provided me additional and magnifying eyes with which I can discern good from bad. They showed me the bad side of temperament which enabled me to control anger, restrained me from reacting sharply to any situation I found awkward. They are no less than my parents.   
My Family – They are my reasons for survival. They are my precious and rarest ornament. I guard them to ensure that they are not lost or stolen. As gratitude, in return I get pride, satisfaction, filial love which may not be available in any market for sale. I cannot afford to see my family image dwindling or sweeping away down the drain by the stream of fate. I constantly pray to Almighty above to bless my family with never ending happiness. I do not mind even if my family coffer is empty, the love and bondage we share must never cease to cast its perpetual radiance over our sweet lovely home. Providing basic necessity like food, cloth and humble shelter, not letting them fall prey to contempt and shame, not letting them exposed to biting cold, scorching heat and beating rain, becomes my obligation. I will protect it at any cost. Like George Santayana 1863-1952 (Spanish born American Philosopher, Poet and Humanist who made important contributions to aesthetics, speculative philosophy and literary criticism) I too feel that “The family is one of nature’s masterpieces”.   
The way I am – I am humble, maybe because I was groomed to become that way. I enjoy company of the birds with the feathers of my type. I hate hypocrisy. Since my childhood, I do not enjoy the company of a person who tells one and does another, and promises so many but not keep even one. No matter how realistic and promising the talk is, goose bumps rises in me and makes me skeptic of them, the moment I listen to such person. 
Certain ambition is necessary for any living being for living. I see it is an art to survival. I have ambition necessary for ordinary persons. Education has no end. It is continuous. If chance of sandal powder decks my way, I am willing to embrace and continue my journey. I feel I am sojourning at the moment. I enjoy reading and writing diary/journals/memoirs and scribbling whatever new perorations I hear, not because I want to ascend the height of Shakespeare or Wordsworth or Alexander Pope, but I pursue it as my passion to keep my interest for learning alive. Like cricketers having attachment for cricket games, and like crazy fools dying for lady love, my passion for writing is as simple as that, no big reason. There is no special agenda hidden behind it. However, if I may be permitted to place one step ahead, I simply want to learn to understand the reasons for my existence and its relation to this world.
Corruption is allergic to me. Even if it is harbored unaware somewhere within me, my conscience revolts against me causing disturbance and tremor like earthquake and shaken my whole body. Nightmare keeps me awake the whole night. I do not aim to sky rocket in my work, but in my own little ways, wants to do it with devotion, dedication and sincerity.
I am governed by my sets of principles. I do not wish to deviate from my culture, custom and tradition. I am strong upholder of old things but I must admit, I do not want to sideline myself by being extremist, hardcore conservative. I enjoy and feel much comfortable dealing with people politely, no direct confrontation, and no direct reaction. What a wonderful world our earth is, if I come across people who think alike, all the time and at every place?


NB: Everybody thinks and judges something from their experiences. What I have written above is purely my opinion based on my observations and perspectives. It is also not exhaustive. Contradiction in points and difference in opinions are not ruled out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment