Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Memorable Day

It was in the year 1990 when I just completed my class VIII from Wangdi Junior High School. Driven by need, I had to work at Dechenpelri Thang, Bumthang in the cold snowy winter as shephard. Looking after sheep was not a problem. It was rather a pleasure. I enjoyed it.

However, going to Chamkhar town to get the monthly ration, on foot was something I cannot forget it. It is dreadening to even think of those days. I had to walk 10 kms up and 10 kms back home. Worst thing is I was with 20 kgs of rice on back, 5 litres of oil on one hand and few kgs of vegetables on another hand. I never used to reach back home without blisters on both my foot. I used to get sick for 2-3 days when I travel to Bumthang once.

But that experience isn't without significance. That hardship taught me to work hard in life. I realized that life isn't bed of roses which many of us think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment