Tuesday, July 17, 2012

School Foundation day (10th March 2012)


Today, we are celebrating our 8th School Foundation day. We are very young, very tender comparing to school like Ugyen Dorji Higher Secondary School which will be celebrating its centennial, hundred years of its foundation this May 2nd coinciding with our Teachers’ Day. Though young, yet we have run a race with them, we have given them neck to neck competition, we have left some of the established schools far behind, we are running at par with some of them and we are about to catch some of the highly established and reputed schools of our kingdom. This race will go on. It will never stop.
In the process, we have made lot of changes and brought lot of new development. I have a long list of achievement to share. But, in the interest of time, I will not share all that. However, I will not feel comfortable or happy, if I do not share about the academic achievement of our school over the years.

In 2008, one year prior to my joining this school, I was told that there were 14 students who got professional courses abroad. In 2009, there were 11 of them who got professional courses. In 2010, it was little unfortunate, only 2 students qualified for professional courses. However, we have started rising to our former position in 2012. We have 6 students who got professional courses. Many of them got CST, kharbandi, many in Sherubtse College, Geddu College and in other premier institutes.
Comparing to our population and size of our land, producing that many intellectuals is also a huge contribution to our country. Not far from now, we would see lots of doctors in hospitals, lots of engineers in the mega project construction site, many architects, highly demanded in the construction site and many reputed teachers in the highly renowned schools from Baylling. I can foresee it. It is not so far. I will be able to see that type of situation in my own life time.

 Another significant, hallmark, milestone our school is achieving is the launch of our school’s website. We have launched this to link ourselves with the education fraternity of our country and of the world.  With the launch, we have enabled our students and everyone to keep our school on their fingertips, enabled to take Baylling HSS very close to their hearts at home, in the market, different parts of our country and the world.  You can view your results, programs of the school, infrastructure and many more of our school from anywhere. You can now only click on to our web address or domain name www.bayllinghss.edu.bt.

It has been my dream and passion to create website for our school for the last two years. Only today, 10th March 2012, I see my dream getting fulfilled, my dream coming true. This day is significant not only in relation to our school, it is also so significant in relation to my personal life.
Success of this program is because of our friend, Mr. Sajeev NM, whom I like to designate as web master or web administrator. I like to acknowledge him. He has sacrificed whole winter learning the ways to design, upload and use different colour patterns. He had done all that making personal payment. Thank you, Mr. Sajeev. I also like to thank Mr. Nima Tshering, Chief Editor of our Newsletters for his contribution in the newsletter pages and Ms. Rigzin Yangchen for her invaluable contribution in the newsletter.
Before I conclude, I request our today’s Guest of Honor, to kindly grace our ceremony of launching our website into the air traffic. ….
Thank you, Sir, for launching our web with your prayer so pure. With due respect to our guest of honor, I declare our web opened to air traffic.
Wish everyone a very very Happy School Foundation Day. Many many happy returns of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment