Saturday, May 4, 2013

Referee Report (Opinion of Teacher)


I am Yonten Jamtsho, principal of Baylling Higher Secondary School. It is my fifteenth year working under the Ministry of Education, Bhutan. In my service to my nation in the capacity of teacher, assistant principal and currently principal, and working in different schools, I have had opportunity to deal with different students with different dispositions. It is my pleasure to note here that Mr. Kinzang Chophel was very unique. He was brilliant, had sense of competitions and had enthusiasm in both academic and non-academic arenas. While he was studying in my school, he was one of the fast learners, highly responsive and forward looking.
He was a highly sociable student. His unprecedented oratory skills earned him lots of admiration from both teaching faculty and student body. I feel that if his oratory skill is sharpened constantly, it can cut through any fortified structure of organization to elevate himself to a comfortable revolving chair. I saw his oratory skill to be his greatest strength. In many literary and co-curricular activities, on different occasions, he bagged prizes, certificates and earned respect for our school.
The School Management Team (SMT) and I had seen leadership quality in him especially in the literary area. We sat together and unanimously elected him as our school’s literary custodian in the 1998 academic session. During his two years’ tenure as custodian, he had organized many literary activities like debates, quizzes, extempore speeches, declamations and poster competitions. It was done through his own initiatives. He had motivated his friends to take part, strengthened our programs and led our school’s team to victory against students from other schools. We have many trophies here which were won during his custodianship. We wish to print the names of students who bring home trophies from abroad now. But, I regret to learn that we did not have such thought then.
It is these reasons that made me consider Mr. Kinzang Chophel as a unique student. It may not be impossible, but it is difficult to produce student like him who had vested qualities of the best student. He is a deserving person. I am sure he can take up any responsibility he is entrusted with. He is a voracious reader. He will have no problem pursuing his higher studies in any university of the world.
I wish him good luck! 

Note: This is written on the request of my brother Kinzang Chophel.              

No comments:

Post a Comment